Sunday, March 27, 2011

On The Job Training

When we get that first career job, we eagerly begin our OJT(On the Job Training).
My first included wise advice from an old timer who told me "Now you'll learn how it's REALLY done". Interestingly, before I was hired, I did not tell my prospective employer how I would do the job OR how I thought it should be done.
So now we have our OJT President learning about his job and he is reversing his pre-election positions and campaign statements. I was never an Obama supporter. I believed him to be an idealist without experience, a smart person who arrogantly thought he could change human behavior so the world would be more fair for all. All we had to do was all work together for the exact same goal, give a little more to our neighbors, realize that we are all in this together, turn down our thermostats and make sure our tires were properly inflated. Having heard the same story in the 60's I was very skeptical. Tough thing human behavior. It seems everyone has a different definition of sacrifice and where exactly that thermostat should be set.
Well, I guess we can all revel in the new understanding our President is achieving. I still believe that the Presidency of the United States is not the place for OJT.

No comments:

Post a Comment